Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen Net Worth

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

What’s Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen’s net worth?

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen is a Danish businessman who has a net worth is $6 billion. That fortune makes him one of many richest people in Denmark. He has at occasions been the richest particular person in Denmark, however lately Kristiansen’s fortune has been eclipsed by Anders Holch Povlsen and Neils Louis-Hansen.

After a household rearrangement in 2011, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen was left as proprietor of 51% of LEGO. Different relations and the household charitable group, The Lego Basis, personal the remaining 49%.

Early Life

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen was born on December 27, 1947 in Billund, Denmark. Hegrew up working within the household enterprise, LEGO. His grandfather, carpenter Ole Kirk Kristiansen, based the corporate 15 years earlier than Kjeld’s beginning, in 1932.

As a toddler, Kjeld was typically the one that examined out new LEGO concepts and decided whether or not directions had been comprehensible. He additionally modeled for the corporate’s packaging.

Training

Kjeld attended Aarhus College the place he finally earned a level in enterprise. He then earned an MBA from IMD enterprise college in Switzerland, graduating in 1972.

Profession

Two years after incomes his MBA, Kristiansen joined the household enterprise, turning into a member of the corporate’s board of administrators. He wasn’t only a passively gathering salaries and dividends. Kristiansen personally developed the primary miniature LEGO collectible figurines that finally grew to become iconic. LEGO miniature figures debuted in 1978 and rapidly grew to become huge world sellers.

Over the following twenty years underneath Kristiansen’s management LEGO expanded quickly. Within the Nineteen Nineties, the corporate started opening theme parks and licensing branding rights from different IP holders like Star Wars. In 1999 this IP growth resulted within the first Star Wars-themed LEGO set, which grew to become an enormous success and led to many extra related partnerships.

In 1996 Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen grew to become the chairman of the household’s funding firm, Krikbi, which controls the household’s 75% stake in Lego. The opposite 25% is owned by The Lego Basis, the household’s philanthropic arm.

Getty

Sadly, the following decade was much less fruitful. Within the early 2000s the corporate was really shedding cash because of rising competitors from corporations like Hasbro. Below Kristiansen’s route, LEGO laid-off greater than 1,000 staff and reduce a number of product traces. In 2004 he stepped down from the highest spot on the firm, after the agency misplaced $330 million within the earlier 12 months. He put in his son Thomas in his place. To shore-up funds, the next 12 months LEGO bought a 70% stake in its theme park enterprise to personal fairness big Blackstone for $457 million.

Fortnite Funding

In April 2022 Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen led a $1 billion funding on behalf of the household’s funding agency Kirkbi into the sport firm Epic Video games, maker of Fortnite. On the identical time, Sony additionally invested $1 billion. The funding spherical valued Epic at $31.5 billion. A part of the objective of the funding from each Kirkbi and Sony was to finally create digital worlds, digital avatars and digital items in a child-friendly metaverse.

Private Life

LEGO Group has obtained plenty of awards, together with The Freedom Prize and The Distinguished Household Enterprise Award from Switzerland, the Moran insignia of the Order of Civil Benefit from South Korea.

In 2008, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen was inducted into the Toy Corridor of Fame. His grandfather and father had been already members. He has three kids and continues to stay in Denmark.


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: